Sojourn to Transformation
10.10.2005
Happy Thanksgiving! (Canadian*)
Today is Canadian Thanksgiving and I am suprising Dan with a roasted chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes and asparagus dinner! What fun. I love cooking!
I am listening to Dwayne Roberts Apostolic Prayers at www.ihop.org/stream. Rooted and grounded in love! Thats what I need.
I am wanting to hear the Holy Spirit. I have never heard clearly; never had a dialouge. I've had impressions, and felt strongly about things. Mostly directions for my life. I want more. I want to hear His voice.
Also, I do not have a prayer language, and I want one. I feel like something is missing with my communion with God. I need to hear and see and know.

Here is something else that has been troubling me. It says in 1 Jn. that if any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. When I first understood that I was going through the motions and not seeking to KNOW Jesus, one of the first issues was being supportive to Dan and laying down "ministry" at church. I put ministry in quotes because I was ministering from myself and did not have the first commandment (love the Lord, your God with all your heart, soul and mind) in first place. Second, I needed to stop watching so much TV. I had 2 TIVOS and watched all kinds of shows very faithfully. I estimate I was watching 25-30 hours of TV each week. I am now down to 8 hours each week.

All that said for this question...how much TV, movies, entertainment, even just hanging out with friends is okay. Is ALL TV or ANY TV detrimental to being intimate with Jesus? Is it justifiable to be entertained?
One of my friends sees this kind of thing as seperate from his spirit. He calls is soul time, and says that God wants us to be complete...body, soul and spirit, and we can't just focus on one part.
I'm not sure myself. I just know that I don't want to love the world. I've been in that bondage, and I don't want to go back.
Right now, I feel like I'll give up anything just to hear His voice. Thats all I want. Thats all I care about.
Easier said than done, though...I was thinking as I played poker on my computer this afternoon.
HMMMM.
posted by Mandy @ 5:40 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Ps 27:4 One thing I have desired from the LORD, that I will seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to pray in His temple.(MKJV)
About Me

Name: Mandy
Home: United States
About Me: I'm Mandy. Wife, mother, worship leader, photographer and lover of Jesus. I'm here to showcase my work as a beginning photographer and to build a portfolio. I enjoy photographing children and families. It is a wonderful experience to capture the essence and beauty of a person in an image.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Listen to Me Sing
Watch Me Sing
Invite me to Sing
Archives
Friends
Site Meter

Powered by


 Blog 
Top Sites

Free Blogger Templates