Sojourn to Transformation
10.08.2005
Revelation
Today the Lord has bathed me in the sweet waters of revelation! This is thanks to some wonderful ladies who are teaching at the IHOP Women in Prophetic Conference which we have been webcasting.
This morning, Gloria Willard spoke of the 5 Prophetic Seasons of David's Life. It is amazing how this is to parallel the seasons in our life.
Here is a brief overview--
1. Bethlehem. Where David was a shepherd. His life was about solitude and intimacy with the Lord. He played the harp and sang while he watched his sheep. He was also a servant. He watched over the sheep, and his father sent him as errand boy. He learned to serve behind the scenes in intimacy with God and meekness before man.
2. Gibea. After David slew Goliath he was promoted and praised by man. Men recognized the annointing and favor of God in his life. He moved to the kings palace and married the kings daughter. He had fame throughout the land. But, he still went to Bethlehem to serve his family. He did both. His character was tested by promotion, prominence and praise.
3. Adullam. David hid in a cave from 3000 men who were hired to kill him. 400 soldiers who were distressed, discontennted and in debt stayed with him and he became their captian. God seems distant and faint.
This season is about finding our identity in God. It is about crushing our desires and realighning our hearts with God's desires and will. It is refining. God changes our season, but he does not change our destiny. David was destined to be king, but he had to spend dark nights in the cave being refined before God could usher him into his destiny.
This is about being rooted and grounded in the love of Christ.

Eph. 3:16-19 ...(that I would be)strenghtened with might through His Spirit in (my) inner man, that Christ may dwell in (my) heart through faith; that (I), being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height--to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that (I) may be filled with all the fullness of God.

The dark night is about firmly establishing this in our lives. We need to be confident in God's love for us, but the accuser comes against us with doubt, fear and unbelief.

3. Hebron. Saul died, and David asked the Lord if he should go and become king. The Lord says no, you're not ready yet. Go and rule over 1 of the 12 tribes.
God says, you are not ready to have the fullness of your destiny in me, but I will give you a portion. God demands the response of our fullness being in Him and not our destiny. Then, we do not NEED our destiny. We only NEED Him. He is our reward.
4. Zion. David becomes king, but his only desire is to dwell in the house of the Lord and gaze upon His beauty. God can use David because he is rooted and grounded in love that will sustain him through all adversity. He has died to his self and his desires. He will do whatever God asks of him and do it with joy and peace.
There will still be pressures, persecutions and pain, but he has learned how to be sustained in the river of God's love.


WOoHOo!!! God is working stuff out through me. Thats why I have good days and bad days. He is refining me until I desire Him more than my destiny. He seems far away, but He is there watching and waiting until the perfect time has come. He really loves me. He really desires me. I've been through Bethlehem and Gibea. I've had some tremedous Abdullah's. I've moved into Hebron, but somedays I go back to that cave at Abdullah. (Should I say weeks?) I have just a taste here at City HOP of what He created me to do. But, there is much refining ahead. There is much to learn, much to hear, much to see.
It is amazing how an understanding of the season you are in and God's purpose gives you a bolster of faith. Its like..okay God, I was in the depths of despair, but I can see that You are working something out in me. You haven't forgotten me. In fact, You are orchestrating my seasons to bring me closer to You. WOW!!!
So, we say...thank you for this cave. Thank you for this pain, Soverign God. You are mindful of me, even when You seem far away. You are always mindful of bringing me close to You.
Hallelujah.
posted by Mandy @ 2:15 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Ps 27:4 One thing I have desired from the LORD, that I will seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to pray in His temple.(MKJV)
About Me

Name: Mandy
Home: United States
About Me: I'm Mandy. Wife, mother, worship leader, photographer and lover of Jesus. I'm here to showcase my work as a beginning photographer and to build a portfolio. I enjoy photographing children and families. It is a wonderful experience to capture the essence and beauty of a person in an image.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Listen to Me Sing
Watch Me Sing
Invite me to Sing
Archives
Friends
Site Meter

Powered by


 Blog 
Top Sites

Free Blogger Templates