Sojourn to Transformation
10.12.2005
What to Do? and How to Do It?
A few weeks ago, I heard Allen Hood say in his "Exellencies of Christ" teaching that we need to get repentance over in the first 2 minutes and spend the rest of our time gazing on God's beauty. In the beholding and becoming verse.
..2Co 3:18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord. (NKJV)
We are transformed into the image that we gaze upon. If we spend our prayer time gazing upon our filthiness and unrighteousness, there is no transformation.
This is a revelation to me.

Well, today, someone else kind of added to that for me...she said "We spend all our prayer time in supplication...Lord give me this." I realized, I spend a lot of time asking to hear Him, to see Him, to know Him...to be filled with the Spirit, to be filled with the fullness.
Maybe I should learn to gaze upon His beauty, and some of that will happen in the meantime.
How do we gaze upon His beauty? I worship God through song, but find it different in just thinking or speaking. Is reading the Psalms and Gospels gazing on His beauty...we find His attributes there. And when you read it, is it just reading through...once or a few times? Read the same thing over and over? Read lots of chapters at once? How do you contemplate and meditate?

I know these are probably elementary questions, but that is where I find myself when I am holding my Bible. Kind of who, what, when, where, and how much...

Two days ago, I read the first 25 chapters of Psalms. I guess tomorrow I'll continue with that, and when I pray, I will worship Him and tell Him His attributes...after I ask to see, know, hear and be filled!
posted by Mandy @ 10:45 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Ps 27:4 One thing I have desired from the LORD, that I will seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to pray in His temple.(MKJV)
About Me

Name: Mandy
Home: United States
About Me: I'm Mandy. Wife, mother, worship leader, photographer and lover of Jesus. I'm here to showcase my work as a beginning photographer and to build a portfolio. I enjoy photographing children and families. It is a wonderful experience to capture the essence and beauty of a person in an image.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Listen to Me Sing
Watch Me Sing
Invite me to Sing
Archives
Friends
Site Meter

Powered by


 Blog 
Top Sites

Free Blogger Templates