Sojourn to Transformation
10.14.2005
Even Better!
Wow! Today has been amazing. The weather is just beautiful...sunny, breezy, cool.
I lead harp and bowl today at City HOP. I took a little more time to plan out some scriptures, and the songs that go with as well as the key changes and stuff. Usually, I just have a stack of songs, the apostolic prayers and my Bible and lets see what happens. Thats fun, but today was fun, too.
After reading Psalm 29 yesterday, I was just really struck by those words...Worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness. It goes on to describe the voice of the Lord. It answered some of the questions I was having like how do we gaze upon God's beauty. So, today, we sang through that Psalm and just focused for the whole set on God's holiness and beauty. I can't even describe how that lifted my spirits. I feel like its a brand new day.
So, now, of course, I am at home and I am annoying Dan because I am hyper. I just want to TALK!!! We are going for a walk to Starbucks in a little bit.
Also, I am thinking about always having the radio off in my car. I left it off today, and it was nice to just have silence. I wasn't trying hard to hear God, but I was just being quiet and I liked it.
Here is Psalm 29 for your reading pleasure...
Ps 29:1 Give unto the LORD, O you mighty ones, Give unto the LORD glory and strength. 2 Give unto the LORD the glory due to His name; Worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness. 3 The voice of the LORD is over the waters; The God of glory thunders; The LORD is over many waters. 4 The voice of the LORD is powerful; The voice of the LORD is full of majesty. 5 The voice of the LORD breaks the cedars, Yes, the LORD splinters the cedars of Lebanon. 6 He makes them also skip like a calf, Lebanon and Sirion like a young wild ox. 7 The voice of the LORD divides the flames of fire. 8 The voice of the LORD shakes the wilderness; The LORD shakes the Wilderness of Kadesh. 9 The voice of the LORD makes the deer give birth, And strips the forests bare; And in His temple everyone says, "Glory!" 10 The LORD sat enthroned at the Flood, And the LORD sits as King forever. 11 The LORD will give strength to His people; The LORD will bless His people with peace. (NKJV)
Blessed by the Name of the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel. He is Holy. He is Beauty. Amen and Shalom

posted by Mandy @ 7:17 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Ps 27:4 One thing I have desired from the LORD, that I will seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to pray in His temple.(MKJV)
About Me

Name: Mandy
Home: United States
About Me: I'm Mandy. Wife, mother, worship leader, photographer and lover of Jesus. I'm here to showcase my work as a beginning photographer and to build a portfolio. I enjoy photographing children and families. It is a wonderful experience to capture the essence and beauty of a person in an image.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Listen to Me Sing
Watch Me Sing
Invite me to Sing
Archives
Friends
Site Meter

Powered by


 Blog 
Top Sites

Free Blogger Templates