Sojourn to Transformation
12.22.2005
Rising up from the Ash Heap
To my friend (and Misty Edwards!) who was always saying, "He makes all things beautiful in His time."...You are right about that.
The other side of turmoil, anguish and pain is a beautiful place to be. I want to thank all of my blogging friends for your encouragement and prayers. Specifics aside, I believe that Dan and I may have learned the most important lesson of our married life to date, and will benefit the rest of our lives from it. We have experienced a few miracles over the past week, and I expect there to be more.

I've been thinking about the how David said that God gives beauty for ashes and joy for mourning. One new realization of mine is that I have never had ashes for God to take and give me beauty. I look back on difficulties in my life, and realized that nothing has ever been so totally ruined by fire that it was in ashes. Sometimes something can get burned and still be useable by us...like a cigarette hole in a piece of fabric. You can cover it up with something like a placemat on a table cloth, or patch it if it is a piece of clothing. What about a burned kitchen utensil. I bet we all have that one kind of melted on the side spatula from carelessness with the stove, or a hot run in the dishwasher. I still use mine!

For something to be in ashes means that not only is it in a completley unuseable state and has become like dirt or garbage, but it is also impossible for man to put it back into its original state or even better. It takes a miracle from God. Not only can he restore ashes to their orignal state, but he will make them beautiful...more beautiful than ever before. And that is what he has done for us.

All glory, honor and praise be unto the name of Jesus Christ, our Salvation, our Deliverer, our Restoration, our Husband.
posted by Mandy @ 9:55 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Bek said…

    i like the analogy with the ashes. and that exact word HE MAKES ALL THINGS BEAUTIFUL IN HIS TIME must be a current word from the Lord. He just spoke it to me last nite. and it was on elijah list. i'm believing it for my son's eye. the word on elijah list was about unfulfilled words from 2005 having an extended warranty from 2006 and believing that if the word isn't fulfilled that a door was opened in the spirit and in God's timing He will fulfill the word and make ALL THINGS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! love ya in Christ.

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger A Stack said…

    Hi, I actually got to your blog from Bek's (which by the way, Bek, I love the extended warranty idea!!). I have to say thank you for writing out the promise that he gives beauty for ashes. I never thought of the fact that I have not had ashes where I have been asking for beauty. You made it so clear...thanks!

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger Mark D said…

    Good to see you back, Mandy!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Ps 27:4 One thing I have desired from the LORD, that I will seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to pray in His temple.(MKJV)
About Me

Name: Mandy
Home: United States
About Me: I'm Mandy. Wife, mother, worship leader, photographer and lover of Jesus. I'm here to showcase my work as a beginning photographer and to build a portfolio. I enjoy photographing children and families. It is a wonderful experience to capture the essence and beauty of a person in an image.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Listen to Me Sing
Watch Me Sing
Invite me to Sing
Archives
Friends
Site Meter

Powered by


 Blog 
Top Sites

Free Blogger Templates