Sojourn to Transformation
12.27.2005
Tough Questions
I am wondering something...if you forgive someone who has betrayed, violated, threatened, and abused you. Do you have to continue have a relationship/friendship with that person?

It seems easier to forgive someone you love very much. For instance with Dan and I, once we forgive, there is complete restoration and healing. The pain and hurt goes away, and our union is renewed. In this other instance, I am having difficulting releasing the pain. I want to forgive, and I know forgiveness is a choice. Does true forgiveness take away the pain? Or can you forgive, but still feel hurt?

I know I need to feel Christ's love, and the Holy Spirit can empower me to do so...I guess I am just holding myself back. I feel like I can't trust or be vulnerable to them right now.
posted by Mandy @ 11:38 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger Chuck Scott said…

    Without going into the details, I have had some relationships with friends and family both that I have had to distance myself from. This was done on my part because I found that I was allowing the same things to happen over again. I don't know if this is the case for you, but I know that prayer helps a lot. I will pray for you.
    Yes, I forgave them.

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Chuck Scott said…

    What I meant to say was that I would pray with you. Sorry. That's what I get for multi tasking. :)

    Chuck

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Prayer for me is gratefully accepted! :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Ps 27:4 One thing I have desired from the LORD, that I will seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to pray in His temple.(MKJV)
About Me

Name: Mandy
Home: United States
About Me: I'm Mandy. Wife, mother, worship leader, photographer and lover of Jesus. I'm here to showcase my work as a beginning photographer and to build a portfolio. I enjoy photographing children and families. It is a wonderful experience to capture the essence and beauty of a person in an image.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Listen to Me Sing
Watch Me Sing
Invite me to Sing
Archives
Friends
Site Meter

Powered by


 Blog 
Top Sites

Free Blogger Templates