Sojourn to Transformation
12.28.2005
I've taken some time to just be quiet and ask the Holy Spirit for guidance, and I realized a few things.
Jesus suffered more hurt, pain, agony, false accusations and injustice than I ever will in my life. Like a lamb he was lead to the slaughter...without spot or blemish, yet he lifted not His voice in defense of Himself.

My flesh is telling me...to hold on to the fact that I was right. I was right. I have been hurt, and I want people to validate that. I am a victim. I want people to care and say, "Yes, you were hurt...How could someone do this to you?" That would make me feel better.

I feel the Spirit is saying...Mandy, let go of your right to be right. Do not defend yourself against accusations. Let go of your hurt and pain because I care, and I have already taken it upon Myself. Forgive those who have trespassed against you as your Heavenly Father has forgiven your trespasses. Jesus cares, and He feels my pain. Thats all I need.
I'm still not sure about trusting and becoming vulnerable again, but I think this is a start.
posted by Mandy @ 2:49 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 9:49 PM, Blogger Mark D said…

    What a wonderful display of trust in God. People reap what they sow, and whoever hurt you will have to deal with the consequences of their actions simply because of the sow-reap principle. I've seen it in my own life. When we let go it opens the door for God to defend us, and sometimes I actually have prayed for God to have mercy on the person that hurt me because it becomes obvious that he's got my back.

    As far as trusting and becoming vulnerable again goes, I'll keep you in prayer. It's hard to comment without knowing whether the person was a friend who you could avoid for a while or a family member who you cannot avoid. Trust has many levels, too.

    Glad to read that you and your husband are getting a well-deserved break in. God bless!!

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger Bek said…

    forgiveness is such a tricky hard thing i'm learning about too. especially b/c sometimes the person never says sorry or changes and you have to keep living with the offenses. the Lord has given me the words "LET IT GO." and "they know not what they do" but its a daily leaning on Him to know what to do in specific circumstances that haven't gone away. i hear ya, girl. the only advice i ever have is lean on Jesus.

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    It is soo tricky and hard...just when you think you've made some progress...its like another instances arises.

    You are right, Bek, about leaning on Jesus...I think its the only way.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Ps 27:4 One thing I have desired from the LORD, that I will seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to pray in His temple.(MKJV)
About Me

Name: Mandy
Home: United States
About Me: I'm Mandy. Wife, mother, worship leader, photographer and lover of Jesus. I'm here to showcase my work as a beginning photographer and to build a portfolio. I enjoy photographing children and families. It is a wonderful experience to capture the essence and beauty of a person in an image.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Listen to Me Sing
Watch Me Sing
Invite me to Sing
Archives
Friends
Site Meter

Powered by


 Blog 
Top Sites

Free Blogger Templates