Sojourn to Transformation
10.18.2005
Weak, Weak
Tonight (technically last night) Dan came home from school feeling a little tired, and down. We had the condo to ourselves (my brother-in-law is living with us for awhile), so I suggested that we pray together. Dan didn't feel much like praying, but he said it would be okay for me to pray for him. This is the moment I've been waiting for... drumroll please. You see, I've always been the weaker, less spiritual, more sinful of the two of us. So, I thought this was my moment to really show Dan how I am learning to interceed from spending my days at the House of Prayer. After all, I am an OFFICIAL intercessory missionary, now. So, I pray the Ephesians 3 apostolic prayers for spirit of wisdom and revelation, and strength and might on by the Spirit on his inner man. The whole time I'm kind of peeking at Dan to see how hes feeling. I struggle through the prayers kind of repeating myself...not fluent or authoritative at all. And we finish, and he looks the same, sounds the same.

I left to go to City HOP, and on the way I'm just kind of laughing at my expectations. I really thought I could impress Dan. I'm not depressed or anything because I don't think it was a pride issue. It was more that I just wanted to really be able to stand in the gap for him for once, and minister to him. You know contribute something valuable on a spiritual level.

In the end, a prayer is a prayer is a prayer. However, I look forward to the day when I can really minister to him.

Oh, and the comments just made my day!
posted by Mandy @ 2:07 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger Bek said…

    when we are weak, He says we are strong. He says "My darling, Mandy, I liken you to a warhorse, harnessed to one of pharaoh's chariots!" you are devoted and strong in my eyes!!

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Thanks, Bek. That is so encouraging. Dan told me yesterday that he felt better after we prayed! I believe he will have a breakthrough.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Ps 27:4 One thing I have desired from the LORD, that I will seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to pray in His temple.(MKJV)
About Me

Name: Mandy
Home: United States
About Me: I'm Mandy. Wife, mother, worship leader, photographer and lover of Jesus. I'm here to showcase my work as a beginning photographer and to build a portfolio. I enjoy photographing children and families. It is a wonderful experience to capture the essence and beauty of a person in an image.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Listen to Me Sing
Watch Me Sing
Invite me to Sing
Archives
Friends
Site Meter

Powered by


 Blog 
Top Sites

Free Blogger Templates