Sojourn to Transformation
4.03.2006
My Heart Knows
I want to say that I wasn't very sensitive today to the fact that 27 people lost their lives yesterday in the storms. While it is good that God is helping me overcome fear of tornadoes, the reality is that they are deadly, destructive, and terrifying.

I've been there. Standing outside alone in the pouring down rain looking at the remains of your home. I've spent those days in shock not knowing exactly what to do or where to begin picking up the pieces. I've had many sleepless nights while thunder rumbled and lightning flashed. I've thought, "God, please, not again" while sirens screamed warning. More important than my own personal progress is having compassion and empathy for storm victims.

God, comfort the hurting. Strengthen the weak. Lift the heads of the weary. May You be a light in the darkness. May You give abiding hope and peace. Calm our fears, God. You are a good God. You are a merciful God. You are slow to anger and abounding in love.
Be near. Be Soverieign. Be Powerful. Be Loving. Be Peace. Be Light. Be Strength. Be Love. Be Mercy. Be Compassion. Be God.
posted by Mandy @ 6:46 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Mark D said…

    Good post, Mandy, and thanks for that prayer. I found out Monday that one of the 27 was a 20 yr old kid who went to our church. I didn't know him well, but I did volunteer with him. The funeral is today. Please keep our pastor in prayer that the Holy Spirit will speak through him.

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    So sorry to hear that, Mark. It is easy to forget about the real people in the heart of devestation. This certainly brings it home.

    God...comfort his family. Be near, Holy Spirit. Be glorified, Jesus Christ.

     
  • At 10:00 PM, Blogger Mark D said…

    Thanks Mandy...By the way, I did not take anything you wrote as being insensitive. Rather, I took it as an encouragement to those who struggle with fear in any area. :)

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Oh good. I felt I had missed honoring those who had lost their lives.

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    These times are increasingly difficult, indeed.

    Good that you got clear of the storms with your kids. That must have been an experience.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Ps 27:4 One thing I have desired from the LORD, that I will seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to pray in His temple.(MKJV)
About Me

Name: Mandy
Home: United States
About Me: I'm Mandy. Wife, mother, worship leader, photographer and lover of Jesus. I'm here to showcase my work as a beginning photographer and to build a portfolio. I enjoy photographing children and families. It is a wonderful experience to capture the essence and beauty of a person in an image.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Listen to Me Sing
Watch Me Sing
Invite me to Sing
Archives
Friends
Site Meter

Powered by


 Blog 
Top Sites

Free Blogger Templates