Sojourn to Transformation
3.21.2006
SNOW DAY!
Four inches of snow just in time for the perfect snow day! I'm sure, now that I'm finally maturing into an adult based upon reflection of my snow day activities!

First things, first. I had to take care of some time consuming errands that have been on my to do list for quite some time. You know the ones that take so much time they never seem to fit in--beginning with a trip to the BMV to renew our lisence plate. Amazingly enough it still took 45 minutes even with very few people braving the weather. Second on my list was a trip to Wal-Mart for a much over do oil change. I did some grocery shopping as well. Side note: I'm seriously contemplating becoming a vegetarian. During a futile attempt Sunday, I realized I must do some grocery shopping before trying it again, considering the only vegetables we had in our home were a bag of salad, some dried up broccoli and carrots, and yellow onions! So, I bought lots of good veggie groceries, and proceeded to our local healthfood store for TAHINI. Yes, tahini, the elusive ingredient for hummus which I have been planning to make for about 4 months, now. I never seem to have time for tracking down that tahini.
At Nature's Cupboard not only did I score some Tahini which is sesame seed paste BTW...I didn't know until today and some raw honey, but I also found some all natural sanschemical hair dye. I asked the check out lady if she had used it, and she was kind of enough to give her personal recommendation. Her hair looked awesome. Shocking, really, to think that it was chemical free stuff she used and it turned out so well. Her secret she tells me is mixing her own color from two shades! That really excited me because those possibilities are endless.
Next, I went to Sams Club definitley not helping out in the battle against Wal-Mart today:). More veggies and stuff. So, that takes care of the grown up errands. Now, on to the grown up stuff that I always aspire to do, but it never pans out considering how little time I have...
I made portobella mushroom fajitas for supper. I was amazed at just how great they tasted. Didn't even miss the chicken! Next, I whipped up some home spun salsa in my food processor. Tomatoes, garlic, jalepeno, a little lime juice, white wine vinegar, olive oil, kosher salt and fresh ground pepper (a hint of tomatoe paste since the tomatoes were not quite ripe) and waa laa...SALSA. It was very yummy. Especially with organic blue corn chips (my favorite).
Last, I made that fresh hummus which turned out a little funky. Too much tahini, I think, but for first time still edible.
To top off the perfect snow day, Dan and I are hanging out at Starbucks. I'm drinking a iced chai latte, and surfing the web. All in all, I'd call that a very nice day.
posted by Mandy @ 4:58 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger Mandy said…

    thank you...that is so sweet. it is really the joy of my life to lift my voice to our God.

    thanks for saying hi and welcome!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Ps 27:4 One thing I have desired from the LORD, that I will seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to pray in His temple.(MKJV)
About Me

Name: Mandy
Home: United States
About Me: I'm Mandy. Wife, mother, worship leader, photographer and lover of Jesus. I'm here to showcase my work as a beginning photographer and to build a portfolio. I enjoy photographing children and families. It is a wonderful experience to capture the essence and beauty of a person in an image.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Listen to Me Sing
Watch Me Sing
Invite me to Sing
Archives
Friends
Site Meter

Powered by


 Blog 
Top Sites

Free Blogger Templates