Sojourn to Transformation
1.26.2006
Kitchen
Pictures of our kitchen which we did a complete overhaul of before we moved in. The cabinets are the same, but I painted them black and added other hardware. In case you ever want to paint cabinets, here are some tips...
1. Clean and prime with a high-tack latex primer
2. Get high gloss or enamel paint. I used enamel.
3. After you paint cabinets, seal with a latex sealant. Two coats is best.

If you follow these steps, your cabinets will be durable through most kitchen wear. Sharp knives and utensil can still scrape the paint off which is usually a small knick and easily touched-up. You can also follow these same steps for melamine counter tops which I have done, too!
condoleeo 009

condoleeo 010

condoleeo 012

condoleeo 013

condoleeo 011

This backplash is made from pieces of hammered copper and aluminum. It took me awhile to find copper...finally found it at Meinards. I just meaured pieces, cut them, and fixed them to the wall with liquid nail. I did paint behind the seams black that way if it showed through it wouldn't be something noticeable!


condoleeo 008

And lastly, this is a light fixture that we made from plywood which we painted black and added copper pieces to...then hung from the ceiling with s hooks and wire. If you look from the other room, you can see the light canisters on top of the fixture, but it looks kind of industrial!

condoleeo 015

condoleeo 014


Sorry if that was overwhelming. My favorite room I think, so lots of pics!!!
posted by Mandy @ 7:56 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger christa said…

    New to your blog, randomly found it through Randy Bohlender's blog. Very interested in hearing that there is a HOP in Greenwood, we live in Batesville about an hour south of Indy. Would love to come visit HOP sometime! BTW you kitchen is beautiful!

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Thanks for stopping by! We have been meeting at City HOP since August, and continue to meet most days of the week! Check out our calendar and feel free to join us sometime!

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Bek said…

    oooh, wow, your home looks like so much fun!!!

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Thanks! I had a lot of fun designing it!

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger Autumn said…

    very creative! my fam just moved and we're in the process of decorating our new place... I miss our hardwood floors! They add such character... especially in the kitchen.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Ps 27:4 One thing I have desired from the LORD, that I will seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to pray in His temple.(MKJV)
About Me

Name: Mandy
Home: United States
About Me: I'm Mandy. Wife, mother, worship leader, photographer and lover of Jesus. I'm here to showcase my work as a beginning photographer and to build a portfolio. I enjoy photographing children and families. It is a wonderful experience to capture the essence and beauty of a person in an image.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Listen to Me Sing
Watch Me Sing
Invite me to Sing
Archives
Friends
Site Meter

Powered by


 Blog 
Top Sites

Free Blogger Templates