Sojourn to Transformation
2.09.2006
Rants
I don't rant very often. Maybe its just because I'm not feeling well. I have that typical winter cold/flu or whatever.
RANT #1--ASIAN BEETLES. Anyone else have these? Brown lady-bug like creatures that migrate indoors in the Spring and Fall. I guess they were imported some years ago to combat some other pest, and now they are terribly pesky themselves.
It was warm yesterday, and I opened a window. About 200 of these bugs fell out of the cracks of the window-half dead, half alive. I started shooing, flicking, throwing them out the window. Screeching, of course. The alive ones emit this defensive odor-bleck. A few minutes later, I rub my eyes, and next thing you know they are burning, itchy, swollen and red. Still irritated today. Should have washed my hands, I know!

RANT #2--CHURCH READER BOARDS. I hate what is happening to church reader boards right now. Seems like everyone I read is some kind of smart-alec, cutsy, rhyming thing. Like, "Why don't you give Jesus a try, if you don't like Him, the devil will take you back." Or, "There are no fire extinguishers in Hell". They make me so angry. Do we really think those kinds of sayings will draw people in, or are we just trying to turn people away by upholding the idea that we think we are better than "sinners". And, since when is mans inventive sayings better than the Word of God. You would think that more people would just put Scripture on their board. After all, it is truth...it is light...it does not return void. What makes us think that we have something so clever that it can replace the very words of the Spirit?


Ok...thats it for now. Maybe more later:)
Just kidding!
posted by Mandy @ 9:22 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 11:42 PM, Blogger Mark D said…

    Glad Dan's test went well!!!

    Haven't had a chance to listen to the news songs you posted yet, but I will soon.

    Never had to deal with the beetles - I hope I never do. Right there with you on the reader boards. The Word hits people hearts whether they realize it at the time or not. Many of those reader sayings make the Gospel way too flippant or cute.

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Chuck Scott said…

    Those things are the most tenacious bug in the world. I haven't seen them here in KC.. They are all over southern Indiana and Illinois..
    So are the reader boards. If I ever plant a church I will get one. The message would stay the same. " We are stupid. That's ok, God still likes us. Join us in our reckless abandon"
    Other messages:

    "love found here, and we mean it"

    "suits not required"

    "The pastor has a green mohawk"

    Come to think of it, Scripture works better...

    I am stupid....that's ok, God still likes me..:)

    chuck

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    So funny! I can't decide which is my favorite between "The pastor has a green mohawk", and " We are stupid. That's ok, God still likes us. Join us in our reckless abandon"!!! :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Ps 27:4 One thing I have desired from the LORD, that I will seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to pray in His temple.(MKJV)
About Me

Name: Mandy
Home: United States
About Me: I'm Mandy. Wife, mother, worship leader, photographer and lover of Jesus. I'm here to showcase my work as a beginning photographer and to build a portfolio. I enjoy photographing children and families. It is a wonderful experience to capture the essence and beauty of a person in an image.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Listen to Me Sing
Watch Me Sing
Invite me to Sing
Archives
Friends
Site Meter

Powered by


 Blog 
Top Sites

Free Blogger Templates