Sojourn to Transformation
2.05.2006
More Reflection (Because I'm tired of the Who am I title!)
A little background information...two years ago, Dan graduated from grad school, and had a full-ride scholarship to the #1 doctorate of physical therapy program in the nation. Then, God began speaking to him about being a doctor. This is something that we had discussed and said he would NEVER do because it was not for him. After 3 months of wrestling and struggling with this, we decided...YES, God is calling him to be a doctor. He gave up the scholarship. We canceled a trip to Europe that was completely paid for by our friend, and he went back to school for 1 year of pre-requisites, and took the MCAT twice. That was step #1.
Step #2. Getting into medical school is difficult. They say like a crap shoot. Dan applied to 14 schools in Nov. 2004 and by March 2005 had 13 rejection letters. Indiana University was our only hope, but it did not look promising for a number of reasons. In January 2005 the Holy Spirit instructs us to sell our home, and 3 rental properties that we owned.

Fast forward to March, I went to IHOP-KC for a conference, and had personal prophecy. A woman told me that I had a lot of questions, and the Lord would begin to answer them in 3 days. Three days later we accepted an offer to sell our home. Five days after that Dan had an encounter with the Spirit of God, and recieved a set of instructions and prophecies concerning medical school and our families.

This is what the Lord said...Dan, you will be going to medical school at Indiana University in Indianapolis. Let this prophecy be fulfilled in you...the last shall be first. You will be the last to get into medical school, but will be first in your class. This blessing is because of the obedience of your wife. And also the obedience of your parents and in-laws. Your brother will be saved, and your family will be released to do mighty works for the Lord. Then, the Lord gave him a sign as he was driving. There was a car about 1000 ft behind him and the Lord says that car is a police car. The police car drove by and the Holy Spirit says that is a sign from God.
The last instruction was not to be ashamed to proclaim this word, and not feel like we have to protect God in case we heard wrong.
We tell people that Dan will be going to medical school at IU. They ask about the acceptance letter, and we say, no letter, but we have heard from God. We plan a Sunday to look for condos in Indy, and the day before a new one comes on the market. We go see it, and it is bigger and $70,000 less expensive than the one we thought we were going to buy. Immediatley, we knew that this was the place for us. So, we put in a full price offer and it is accepted the next day, Monday. Tuesday, Dan get his acceptance letter from IU.

As for me, here is some more miraculous events. Because of Dan's income, we began putting all of my salary towards my debt. Eleven thousand total...Eight in credit card debt and three to IU. Second week of May, I am debt free. One week later, I get laid of from my job. We move over the summer and fix our condo up. Not sure for ahwile what to do about a job. In the meantime, the Lord leads my parents to start up a House of Prayer, and my dad signs a lease in July for a storefront location. By August, it was clear to us that I would be able to serve full-time in the House of Prayer thanks to provision for my support. ANSWERED PRAYER...I prayed in December, "God, deliver me from debt, so that I can be an Anna in the House of Prayer." Of course, I was praying for Kansas City, but God had other plans for me!

Since December 2005, some of my support has fallen through, and I am currently seeking other sources of income. Right now, it looks like I could be going back to the job I got laid off from part time, or a local Starbucks. I'm also hoping to travel...speak and sing in churches to share about the prayer movement, and ask for supporters. Just trying to wait on God's direction. Show the way, God. Illuminate the path before me.
Peace.
posted by Mandy @ 7:22 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    BTW, some of the beginning of this post--the part about medical school--is from an old post.

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger Mark D said…

    Maybe we can agree in prayer for each other for direction. I have been thinking about part-time at Starbucks myself...more on that on my blog soon.

    Love the new song!

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Sounds great. I've had a couple of interviews at Starbucks, and it was pretty difficult. They ask you situational questions like, "Describe a time when you failed to meet customer expectations."

    Seems like a great company, though. Comitted to Work/Life Balance, and excellent benefits health, dental, and optical for part-time employees...working 20 hrs per week. They are one of two companies, the other being Fed-Ex (i think) in the US that offer benefits to part timers.

    You also get a free pound of coffee each week, or box of tea if you prefer. And, the employee discount is 30%.

    One thing I have found at most Starbucks I go to is the employees seem to genuinley enjoy their job, and there is a cheerful atmosphere. Also, every Starbucks I went to in Indy(at least 10-12 different stores) is hiring except 1. They must be doing something right to be generating that many new stores, and new positions.

    HMMM...I'll keep praying.

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Bek said…

    wow. what an exciting and eventful road HE has had you on! i am encouraged by all your debt being paid off. and am SURE the Lord who is your provider will continue to make a way for you to worship and pray to Him. isn't He awesome? so evident in your life...

     
  • At 7:44 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Thanks, Bek, for all of your kind and encouraging comments. I do believe He will provide, and make a way for me.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Ps 27:4 One thing I have desired from the LORD, that I will seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to pray in His temple.(MKJV)
About Me

Name: Mandy
Home: United States
About Me: I'm Mandy. Wife, mother, worship leader, photographer and lover of Jesus. I'm here to showcase my work as a beginning photographer and to build a portfolio. I enjoy photographing children and families. It is a wonderful experience to capture the essence and beauty of a person in an image.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Listen to Me Sing
Watch Me Sing
Invite me to Sing
Archives
Friends
Site Meter

Powered by


 Blog 
Top Sites

Free Blogger Templates