Sojourn to Transformation
1.28.2006
Written on My Heart
Last night during a worship service, I realized that there is still a disconnection between what I know with my mind to be true, and what I experience with my heart and my spirit.
For example. I know that Jesus loves me even in my weakness. When I first understood this, it was with my spirit. I could feel rise up within me from the pit of my stomach...this was truth. Now, that kind of resides in my mind. He loves me in my weakness. But, I desire to know more completley, more intensley, more experientially.
At first, I kind of felt bad. I am proclaiming this truth. He loves me in my weakness. (of course this is just an example, and there are many others as well.)I sing it. I write it. I pray it. I tell my friends, acquatances, and sometimes absolute strangers! For a moment, I thought...maybe I am a fraud. Maybe I'm just saying stuff without really knowing it.
And then, during the service, my friend quoted Psalm 45:1-
"My heart is overflowing with a good theme; I recite my composition concerning the King; My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.

Also,he considered Joshua 1:8-
"This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it.


Then he said, "The way to write the word of God upon your heart is by your tongue. Do not let the promise, the truth of the word of God leave your mouth." Speak it, pray it, and it moves from your lips, and becomes rooted and grounded in your spirit.
Psalm 49:3-
"My mouth shall speak wisdom, And the meditation of my heart shall give understanding."



I pray, God. May your truth not depart out of my mouth. May I sing it, pray it and speak it until it becomes steadfast and unmoveable within my spirit. May I experience the knowledge of Jesus deeper, and comprehend the width, the length, the depth, the height of His love. That you would fill me with the fullness of God.
posted by Mandy @ 9:28 AM  
8 Comments:
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger Bek said…

    very cool. i've experienced this same thing. a way to help us KNOW IT, really know it and believe it, is to continue to proclaim it. TAKE IT DEEPER, LORD JESUS.

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Yes! Thats what we are doing... proclaiming it. To ourselves, to God, and to enemies who try to stand in the way!

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You reminded me of a few things, Mandy...thanks. Thoughts.

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Sarah Evans said…

    Hello! You do not know me. I only know about you from Chucks blog. But interesting coincidences or not coincidences, I am a worship leader who also leads harp and bowl sessions at the house of prayer in my city. And my husband's cousin lives just a couple minutes from the city HOP that I have read about on your site in your city. Their family tries to stay up to date with all of the HOP activity in the city, and recently came to know about you. They may stop by sometime. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I have read some things on here this evening and my spirit was just leaping within me! I am blessed all the more and by the way, Misty and a white chocolate mocha is my dream vacation.

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Hi Sarah, So glad to hear from you. I believe I have spoken with your family who lives in this city, and hope to see them sometime! This is really exciting.
    What HOP do you lead worship at? How long have you had a HOP in your area?
    This is great how God just draws together those with similar burning desires!
    mmmm...white chocolate mocha!

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger Sarah Evans said…

    Hey, it's me again. I am one of 3 worship leaders at the MCHOP. Mount Carmel House of Prayer. We are in Illinois. We began getting our feet wet in harp and bowl about 5 years ago I think. Over the past couple of years corporate worship and prayer have been increasing. We are not running 24/7 yet, but are meeting at different times daily and even thru the night there are people in the house praying. On Saturday nights we run like this....5-6pm devotional worship 6-7pm devotional worship and devotional harp and bowl 7-7:30 teaching 7:30-9:30 intercession and gaze focused harp and bowl with a full band 10pm-2am is "the burn" a soaker and seeker session with just one guy and his guitar. During this time there are frequently visions and prophetic words that go forth. God seems to really love this session.

     
  • At 7:50 AM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Wow! That sounds amazing. I would love to visit sometime on a Saturday night. I've been hoping to visit some HOPs in the surrounding area. Did you start in a church, or as a separate entity?

     
  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger Sarah Evans said…

    We tried to keep the two seperate even though we had both and found that God's plan for us was for the two to be together.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Ps 27:4 One thing I have desired from the LORD, that I will seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to pray in His temple.(MKJV)
About Me

Name: Mandy
Home: United States
About Me: I'm Mandy. Wife, mother, worship leader, photographer and lover of Jesus. I'm here to showcase my work as a beginning photographer and to build a portfolio. I enjoy photographing children and families. It is a wonderful experience to capture the essence and beauty of a person in an image.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Listen to Me Sing
Watch Me Sing
Invite me to Sing
Archives
Friends
Site Meter

Powered by


 Blog 
Top Sites

Free Blogger Templates