Sojourn to Transformation
4.10.2006
My Grandfather is Dying
I went to see my Papa yesterday. I had not been since Christmas. It is quite shocking and overwhelming--the realities of death. He struggles with breathing. He can only walk a few steps at a time, maybe a few more on good days. He has trouble sleeping at night.

The end is inevitable. He was diagnosed with cancer in May 2005, but has not had treatment since sometime last summer. Right now, he is still living at home. Family assist with his care with the help of Hospice which provides medical equipment and some nursing supervision (not much). What a treasure for him to die in the comfort of his own home, but this takes an extreme sacrifice from his caregivers. It became apparent to me, yesterday, that soon he will require care from more than family members.

My emotions are somewhat clouded at this point, and it is a long story. One that should be told, but I am unsure of the timing. Maybe soon.

I believe Papa has peace to die, so I pray that he goes without much more pain and suffering than he has already endured. For those of us that are left behind, I pray for healing, forgiveness and family unity as we all will be more aware of the fleetingness of this life.
posted by Mandy @ 11:23 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger Nancy said…

    Praying for you Mandy, and for your Grandpa as he prepares to meet Jesus.
    What an amazing thought. Be encouraged that Jesus loves him more than anyone, and knows exactly what he is going through.
    Jesus will meet him and walk the last steps with him.
    Bless you !

     
  • At 9:18 PM, Blogger Mark D said…

    Wow, Mandy...if I can help in any way let me know (aside from praying, which to me is a given - hope you know that as well). My dad had to have care way beyond what the family could give him. He had hospice care and 24 hour personal care. The personal care was expensive, but worth it because it made him feel as comfortable and looked-after and it allowed my mom and I to get whatever rest we could. I'll be thinking of you and praying for the whole situation.

     
  • At 1:44 AM, Blogger Chuck Scott said…

    we're praying for you and your family.

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Thanks, guys, for your kind and encouraging words. Nancy, the thought that he will be meeting Jesus face to face definitley lifted my spirit!

    Prayers for peace and healing for my fragmented family are definitley needed.
    Thanks

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Ps 27:4 One thing I have desired from the LORD, that I will seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to pray in His temple.(MKJV)
About Me

Name: Mandy
Home: United States
About Me: I'm Mandy. Wife, mother, worship leader, photographer and lover of Jesus. I'm here to showcase my work as a beginning photographer and to build a portfolio. I enjoy photographing children and families. It is a wonderful experience to capture the essence and beauty of a person in an image.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Listen to Me Sing
Watch Me Sing
Invite me to Sing
Archives
Friends
Site Meter

Powered by


 Blog 
Top Sites

Free Blogger Templates