Sojourn to Transformation
4.16.2006
God Reigns
Just want to share some quick news about my grandfather. Two days in a row, my dad has got the call to come over because Papa was unresponsive, and his vitals were dropping. Friday night, he and my brother prayed on the 45 minute trip over. They called me, and I was also praying. When they got there, my dad began to pray over his dad. He prayed for healing and peace, and also rebuked spirit of fear and so forth. Papa was telling Dad that he was afraid, and dad quoted Scripture and prayed about that. Then, Papa began to say in agreement that there is no fear in Jesus. His countenance changed and his vitals improved. He actually ate a little and took some liquids as well. He became very loving, and interacted with his children--hugging them, telling them he was proud. Then, they gathered and sang hymns about Jesus, His blood, and His love.

Yesterday was very similar. Papa had been unresponsive for about 8 hours, and his pulse had dropped dramatically. Dad and mom prayed on the way over, and just sat with him quietley praying in the Spirit. Soon, Papa coughed loudly and began to improve. He ate and drank again, and interacted with his children. They told stories and took pictures, and sang hymns.

My dad says that even some sores on Papas legs that were not healing have begun to heal since Friday night. I believe that my dad recieved power and boldness from the Holy Spirit to minister to his dad. Not to go into lots of details, but there is a history of religous spirit in our family, and much unfinished business. At Thanksgiving, the Lord released a word about forgiveness bringing healing. What a tremendous battle...we kind of thought it was too late, but God--He is so powerful. It is never too late. He wants a breakthrough. He wants to be glorified in life and in death.

I'm going over today with my mom and dad. Again, we will press in for peace and healing, knowing that God will have His way. There has already been great healing in the past two days. There can be healing and miracles even if Papa dies. Healing of the Spirit. Healing of the family. There can be an ushering into the Presence of God in peace leaving restoration in its wake.

Increase our faith, Lord, for Your Glory to go forth; for Your power to break-in and heal our family. You are Sovereign God, the Holy One of Israel who Was and Is and Is to Come. You are Magnificent in Your Glory and Awesome in Your Splendor. You work wonders in our midst. Even in our weakness, You are Strong. You are the Mighty One who can do all things; who makes all things new. Restore us unto You.
May Your name be glorified in all we do.
posted by Mandy @ 8:43 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger Mark D said…

    I can relate with the religious spirit thing...as well as many of the things you are going through.

    I will continue to pray for you and your family.

    Sorry I am so behind on blog stuff.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Ps 27:4 One thing I have desired from the LORD, that I will seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to pray in His temple.(MKJV)
About Me

Name: Mandy
Home: United States
About Me: I'm Mandy. Wife, mother, worship leader, photographer and lover of Jesus. I'm here to showcase my work as a beginning photographer and to build a portfolio. I enjoy photographing children and families. It is a wonderful experience to capture the essence and beauty of a person in an image.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Listen to Me Sing
Watch Me Sing
Invite me to Sing
Archives
Friends
Site Meter

Powered by


 Blog 
Top Sites

Free Blogger Templates