Sojourn to Transformation
4.17.2006
gift of resolution
a miracle from God. testament of His power, His love.
that a man long shrouded in fear, gripped by religion
would the day before death experience deliverance.
scoffers shake their head in unbelief.
no miracle took place in this family.
no, the effects of death and medication explain away
this gift of God He gave that day.
not a gift? not a miracle? how is it you say?
did you not hear? did you not see?
that day this man lie dying--lungs barely breathing, heart barely beating,
family hovering, believing it is the end.
on that day, this man coughed, raised his head and said
i need more time with my children the day before i'm dead.
"come my child, come my son, a time of rejoicing has begun.
come join me in my bed.
lay beside me. hug and kiss me. smile pretty for this memory.
come closer here i will tell you a secret.
a secret long hidden by shrouds of fear, grip of religion.
i love you, my child. i love you, my son.
i'm proud of you; who you've become
i made mistakes. i have regrets. now is the time for us to forget
the pain of the past. in the future remember
this secret long hidden.
i love you, my child, i love you, my son.
i'm proud of you; who you've become."

the gift of resolution.
scoff if you will. shake your head in unbelief.
for me, i know my God, Powerful; who reigns Supreme
looked down upon me. He saw my grief.
He heard me cry Father, have mercy. Extend Your hand in healing.
Show Your glory to my family, though even my faith is weak.

The answer came merciful, glorious, miraculous.
Strongholds shattered. Fear cowered. Demons fled
at the light of His presence glorious, shining.
no longer bound, truth surfaced from deep within
i love you, my child, i love you, my son.
i'm proud of you; who you've become."

the gift of resolution
so given by Father in Heaven,
peace, for him in dying. peace, for me in living.
posted by Mandy @ 10:17 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger Mandy said…

    FYI--this poem is written from my dad's perspective.

     
  • At 11:44 PM, Blogger Nancy said…

    What I wonderful gift Mandy. Your Papa is alive and well gazing on Jesus and on Resurrection Day...God is so amazing , and His timing so perfect. Makes me wonder why we fret sometimes.
    Bless you now, as you face the earthly tasks and emotions ahead of you.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Ps 27:4 One thing I have desired from the LORD, that I will seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to pray in His temple.(MKJV)
About Me

Name: Mandy
Home: United States
About Me: I'm Mandy. Wife, mother, worship leader, photographer and lover of Jesus. I'm here to showcase my work as a beginning photographer and to build a portfolio. I enjoy photographing children and families. It is a wonderful experience to capture the essence and beauty of a person in an image.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Listen to Me Sing
Watch Me Sing
Invite me to Sing
Archives
Friends
Site Meter

Powered by


 Blog 
Top Sites

Free Blogger Templates