Sojourn to Transformation
2.20.2006
The Boy Who Cried, "Fast"

This, too must be passed on to you. Jackson son of Randy has a desire for a different type of birthday present. I know some of you read Randy's blog, but for those who haven't, this is worth repeating. Also, for what it is worth, Jackson's blog is a blend of profound and hilarious. I laughed out loud today reading his stuff more than once!

If you decide to join Jackson, you will be in good company! Check out his blog for a list of participants--over 129 and counting--including Lou Engle and Mike Bickle. As for me, I must say, I would like to fast and pray with them.

Here is what Jackson had to say:

Friends and Family,

As some of you know, my 13th birthday is coming up. (February 26th)

This time last year, I was having a hard time celebrating my birthday when fully aware of how many babies had been aborted on my birthday - 60,500 at the time since 1993. It seemed wrong to celebrate my birth when two thirds of people born on February 26th wouldn't be able to celebrate.

This year, I am faced with the same dilemma. I feel a heaviness that I think is from God, telling me to fast on behalf of all of those aborted since then. There are over 65,000 that will have been aborted by my birthday this year, and the way I see it, if I don't stand, I will essentially be slapping God in the face.

I feel a divine invitation from God, and I believe he's ready to do something just in our nation. This is why I ask you, Will you fast with me? Will you stand in the gap with me on behalf of the unborn? Will you take the time we would have otherwise spent celebrating my birthday and fast?

Please prayerfully consider this invitation, and do not feel pressured to do anything. If you feel nothing, do nothing, but if you feel as I do, please do this with me.

Thank you,
Jackson Bohlender
Intercessory Missionary, Kansas City, MO
posted by Mandy @ 10:48 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Ps 27:4 One thing I have desired from the LORD, that I will seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to pray in His temple.(MKJV)
About Me

Name: Mandy
Home: United States
About Me: I'm Mandy. Wife, mother, worship leader, photographer and lover of Jesus. I'm here to showcase my work as a beginning photographer and to build a portfolio. I enjoy photographing children and families. It is a wonderful experience to capture the essence and beauty of a person in an image.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Listen to Me Sing
Watch Me Sing
Invite me to Sing
Archives
Friends
Site Meter

Powered by


 Blog 
Top Sites

Free Blogger Templates