Sojourn to Transformation
10.29.2005
Desire
It increases my desire to be here at IHOP-KC. Well a few desires, really. First and foremost...it is all about Jesus. I was reminded of that yestereday. We spent a lot of time meeting people from all over yesterday, and talked a lot about our ministries. Last night, I thought...I've talked about ministry more than how great is the love of Jesus. Without the burning flame of the Holy Spirit revealing more of His love everyday...there is no ministry to talk about. So, today...I want to focus on Jesus.

That being said, I'm sitting at Higher Grounds coffe shop. A guy is playing the piano exquisitley which makes me want to sing! People are milling around talking about the Lord, praying, drinking coffee. Its wonderful. What an environment! This is what we want for home. Not an IHOP cookie cutter, but a community of believers gathering, praying, encouraging, enjoying this life and the love of Christ together. That's IT!

Zephaniah 2:1 Gather yourselves together, yea, gather together, O nation not desired; 2 Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff, before the fierce anger of the LORD come upon you, before the day of the LORD's anger come upon you. 3 Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD's anger.

Joel 2:15 Blow the trumpet in Zion, sanctify a fast, call a solemn assembly: 16 Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children, and those that suck the breasts: let the bridegroom go forth of his chamber, and the bride out of her closet. 17 Let the priests, the ministers of the LORD, weep between the porch and the altar, and let them say, Spare thy people, O LORD, and give not thine heritage to reproach, that the heathen should rule over them: wherefore should they say among the people, Where is their God? 18 Then will the LORD be jealous for his land, and pity his people. 19 Yea, the LORD will answer and say unto his people, Behold, I will send you corn, and wine, and oil, and ye shall be satisfied therewith: and I will no more make you a reproach among the heathen:

This is my prayer...Lord, Gather your people, and dwell in the House of Prayer. Reveal to us the love of Christ, and let us be fully abandoned to ourselves and run after you. "How far will you let me go? How abandoned will you let me be?"-Misty Edwards
posted by Mandy @ 10:46 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger Chuck Scott said…

    That is exactly it.. Community. It is the first thing we noticed when we moved here in August. It is amazing. we can walk outside and start a conversation about God, what He is doing in our lives, pray for each other, whatever else you can think of spiritually. Try doing that anywhere else. IHOP is definitly our spritual home base. I pray that we can be a part of starting something like this elsewhere.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Ps 27:4 One thing I have desired from the LORD, that I will seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to pray in His temple.(MKJV)
About Me

Name: Mandy
Home: United States
About Me: I'm Mandy. Wife, mother, worship leader, photographer and lover of Jesus. I'm here to showcase my work as a beginning photographer and to build a portfolio. I enjoy photographing children and families. It is a wonderful experience to capture the essence and beauty of a person in an image.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Listen to Me Sing
Watch Me Sing
Invite me to Sing
Archives
Friends
Site Meter

Powered by


 Blog 
Top Sites

Free Blogger Templates