Sojourn to Transformation
10.31.2005
Deep is Calling
I learned a lot at IHOP-KC last week, and today I am trying to process it all. Today is also exciting because it is October 31st, and I'm anticipating the shift in the spirit prophecied by Kim Clement. Today we are having 10 hours at City HOP. And so far it has been great. We sang a few minutes ago..."Reveal the darkness hidden in the night, for no, no, NO darkness can hide in the light. Shine down King Jesus." Also, we pray today that God will make this a day of LIFE for he gives life for death, joy for mourning, beauty for ashes...

One of the things I learned at IHOP last week is that I don't know how to be in the prayer room without doing the leading part. I get restless, distracted, and just don't know how to enter in with God. I had a dream while I was there...A LARGE man held me in his arms, and danced with me. I could only see him from the shoulders down, and he was HUGE, not fat...just HUGE. I was overwhelmed in my dream, and while I was awake with the emotions that I felt by just being held and danced with by such a large man...it was so safe and comforting. Words just cannot describe how wonderful it felt. ( I realize this is a very female version of being the Bride, but I imagine for men it might be something like being a small child and having your large grandfather holding you and twirling around with you...)
So, I'm in the prayer room on Sunday, and I'm saying to God, I want to feel that a lot...I want you to dance with me. I NEED you to dance with me, to hold me. And, I felt myself (maybe it was the Holy Spirt, but my voice...I haven't sorted all that out) saying...You want Me (God) to dance with you (Mandy), but you are not willing to dance with ME. I guess I was expecting Him to do it all Himself.
So, the next step on my journey will be learning how to innundate myself in the Word of God meditating, praying it, writing it...and entering into prayer for myself, for others, in the spirit, and fasting,... Set aside scheduled time, like hours each day.
Grace, grace, God...give me your grace to do it. Amen
posted by Mandy @ 3:15 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you & i have similar callings. i like your blog.

     
  • At 11:03 PM, Blogger Bek said…

    i want hours a day too for the same stuff - not doing too good at that yet. please let me know any tips you get from Him!!

     
  • At 1:23 AM, Blogger Nancy said…

    Keep pressing in Mandy. I too find that the whole swirl in the prayer room can be very distracting. It's also easy to 'pick up' the 'distractions' that others bring in.

    That's why I like to choose the devtional sets, it's easier for me to connect with the Lord, when the pace is slower.

    Then again, sometimes it's very difficult to put off the cares of the world to go deep, which is where I like to go.(Misty's sets)
    Thanks for commenting on my blog!

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger Cindy said…

    I would love to go to IHOP sometime.."Clay willing"..lol. I know God gives you the renewal you need and the time and space to focus on Him!! Stay the course and He will continue to reveal Himself to you!v

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Ps 27:4 One thing I have desired from the LORD, that I will seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to pray in His temple.(MKJV)
About Me

Name: Mandy
Home: United States
About Me: I'm Mandy. Wife, mother, worship leader, photographer and lover of Jesus. I'm here to showcase my work as a beginning photographer and to build a portfolio. I enjoy photographing children and families. It is a wonderful experience to capture the essence and beauty of a person in an image.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Listen to Me Sing
Watch Me Sing
Invite me to Sing
Archives
Friends
Site Meter

Powered by


 Blog 
Top Sites

Free Blogger Templates